Thursday, February 24, 2011

first leg of the triple crown

There are three showings in the next four days and I'm dubbing them the triple crown of diversity. Today there was an afternoon showing at the Louisville Bar Association headquarters. It's part of their observation of Black History Month. It's an honor to be part of it.
When the screening began the audience numbered about 25. When the lights came up an hour later maybe 45-50 people were there. I commented that typically the audience shrinks the longer a show goes on. In the spirit of full disclosure there was an awards ceremony for students afterward so that might have had something to do with the growing crowd. I'll take them anyway they come.
Question of the day came from a young student asking what Griffin would've thought of Hiroshima and the arms race. I'm always reluctant to speak for a defenseless historical figure but I assured him that Griffin was against the arms race in the 50's, 60's and 70's. He may have written on Hiroshima but I have not read it.
Tomorrow night I'm with a Buddhist group here in Louisville.

No comments:

Post a Comment